Sheriff's deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family's horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
Sheriff’s deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family’s horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
KOMO-TV reports the horse named Princess was killed sometime Wednesday night with a single bullet to the head. Neighbors found the animal.
Owner Ashley Schmidt bought Princess several months ago and boarded the horse at the farm where she died. Schmidt says she and her 4-year-old son would visit Princess every day.
Now she says, “Why would someone do that?”
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Thursday notes: Seahawks escape suspension binge, NFL.com ranks Carroll, and more
Most Read Stories
Neighbors say they didn’t hear the gunshot.
Deputies say they have no leads. They’re asking for information from the public.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/