Sheriff's deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family's horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
Sheriff’s deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family’s horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
KOMO-TV reports the horse named Princess was killed sometime Wednesday night with a single bullet to the head. Neighbors found the animal.
Owner Ashley Schmidt bought Princess several months ago and boarded the horse at the farm where she died. Schmidt says she and her 4-year-old son would visit Princess every day.
Now she says, “Why would someone do that?”
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Tenants of run-down building: Owner said pay more or get out
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Woman held on $1 million bail in death of West Seattle toddler
Most Read Stories
Neighbors say they didn’t hear the gunshot.
Deputies say they have no leads. They’re asking for information from the public.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/