Sheriff's deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family's horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
Sheriff’s deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family’s horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
KOMO-TV reports the horse named Princess was killed sometime Wednesday night with a single bullet to the head. Neighbors found the animal.
Owner Ashley Schmidt bought Princess several months ago and boarded the horse at the farm where she died. Schmidt says she and her 4-year-old son would visit Princess every day.
Now she says, “Why would someone do that?”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
Most Read Stories
Neighbors say they didn’t hear the gunshot.
Deputies say they have no leads. They’re asking for information from the public.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/