Sheriff's deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family's horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
Sheriff’s deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family’s horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
KOMO-TV reports the horse named Princess was killed sometime Wednesday night with a single bullet to the head. Neighbors found the animal.
Owner Ashley Schmidt bought Princess several months ago and boarded the horse at the farm where she died. Schmidt says she and her 4-year-old son would visit Princess every day.
Now she says, “Why would someone do that?”
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Neighbors say they didn’t hear the gunshot.
Deputies say they have no leads. They’re asking for information from the public.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/