Sheriff's deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family's horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
Sheriff’s deputies in Skagit County are trying to find the person who fatally shot a family’s horse in a pasture near Concrete, Wash.
KOMO-TV reports the horse named Princess was killed sometime Wednesday night with a single bullet to the head. Neighbors found the animal.
Owner Ashley Schmidt bought Princess several months ago and boarded the horse at the farm where she died. Schmidt says she and her 4-year-old son would visit Princess every day.
Now she says, “Why would someone do that?”
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Neighbors say they didn’t hear the gunshot.
Deputies say they have no leads. They’re asking for information from the public.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/