NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee sheriff has pleaded guilty to federal civil rights charges after being accused of using his position to have sex with jail inmates.
Fentress County Sheriff Charles Cravens pleaded guilty Thursday to three counts of honest services fraud and one count of deprivation of rights under color of law.
The U.S. attorney’s office in Nashville said the 47-year-old sheriff is accused of summoning a female jail inmate to his office for sex. The prosecutor’s office said the sheriff is also accused of driving that inmate and another one to a trailer and having sex with them both. Authorities say the sheriff is also accused of having sex with a third inmate in his car and participating in the beating of a male inmate.
Cravens’ attorney, Alex Little, said he would comment later in the day.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- Seattle City Council picks Tim Burgess to replace Bruce Harrell as temporary mayor VIEW