ATLANTA (AP) — Count Shaquille O’Neal among the roster of NBA personalities who believe the Earth is flat.
The Hall of Famer and TNT analyst says he drives from Florida to California on a regular basis and that “it’s flat to me.”
O’Neal joins Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving in his belief that the world is a flat plane instead of an orb. Warriors forward Draymond Green and Nuggets swingman Wilson Chandler have supported Irving’s stance. Irving later suggested he made the statement in an effort to provoke the media.
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver told reporters he believes the world is round when asked where he stands on the issue during last month’s All-Star Weekend.
Most Read Stories
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin