ATLANTA (AP) — Count Shaquille O’Neal among the roster of NBA personalities who believe the Earth is flat.
The Hall of Famer and TNT analyst says he drives from Florida to California on a regular basis and that “it’s flat to me.”
O’Neal joins Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving in his belief that the world is a flat plane instead of an orb. Warriors forward Draymond Green and Nuggets swingman Wilson Chandler have supported Irving’s stance. Irving later suggested he made the statement in an effort to provoke the media.
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver told reporters he believes the world is round when asked where he stands on the issue during last month’s All-Star Weekend.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans