WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police have arrested a man who owes $12,000 in unpaid tolls and fees.
Police arrested 42-year-old Julian Garcia, of Morris County, after authorities say he attempted to avoid paying the toll at the Lincoln Tunnel on Thursday.
The Towaco man was charged with theft of service and theft by unlawful taking after police discovered how much he owed.
Garcia’s Honda Civic was impounded. It’s unclear if he has an attorney who could comment.
Most Read Stories
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse