WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police have arrested a man who owes $12,000 in unpaid tolls and fees.
Police arrested 42-year-old Julian Garcia, of Morris County, after authorities say he attempted to avoid paying the toll at the Lincoln Tunnel on Thursday.
The Towaco man was charged with theft of service and theft by unlawful taking after police discovered how much he owed.
Garcia’s Honda Civic was impounded. It’s unclear if he has an attorney who could comment.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns