WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (AP) — Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police have arrested a man who owes $12,000 in unpaid tolls and fees.
Police arrested 42-year-old Julian Garcia, of Morris County, after authorities say he attempted to avoid paying the toll at the Lincoln Tunnel on Thursday.
The Towaco man was charged with theft of service and theft by unlawful taking after police discovered how much he owed.
Garcia’s Honda Civic was impounded. It’s unclear if he has an attorney who could comment.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH