BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Serbia’s defense ministry says dozens of guns, automatic rifles and ammunition are missing from a military warehouse in the capital.
The statement on Thursday says the disappearance of weapons from the Belgrade garrison was spotted during a regular checkup.
It says the missing stock includes 70 handguns, five automatic rifles and two crates of ammunition. An investigation is underway, and officials didn’t say when the discovery was made or for how long the weapons have been missing.
Police on Wednesday reported the arrest of 10 suspected arms traffickers and a seizure of weapons, including rocket launchers, anti-tank mines and automatic guns.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
Arms smuggling has flourished in the Balkans following the 1990s wars. Some of the weapons used in last year’s terror attacks in Paris originated in the Balkans.