The person who handled former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's schedule is testifying in his public corruption trial.
The person who handled former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell’s schedule is testifying in his public corruption trial.
Former McDonnell scheduler Monica Block began testifying Monday about events the former first couple attended with Jonnie Williams, the former CEO of Star Scientific Inc. Among them was one in Richmond that was a last-minute addition to McDonnell’s schedule while the General Assembly was in session, which Block said was unusual.
McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, are charged in a 14-count indictment with accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from Williams in exchange for their help promoting his company’s products. Williams testified under immunity as the prosecution’s star witness, starting late last Wednesday and finishing Monday.
Block will be back on the stand for cross-examination by defense lawyers Tuesday.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more