The person who handled former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's schedule is testifying in his public corruption trial.
The person who handled former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell’s schedule is testifying in his public corruption trial.
Former McDonnell scheduler Monica Block began testifying Monday about events the former first couple attended with Jonnie Williams, the former CEO of Star Scientific Inc. Among them was one in Richmond that was a last-minute addition to McDonnell’s schedule while the General Assembly was in session, which Block said was unusual.
McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, are charged in a 14-count indictment with accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from Williams in exchange for their help promoting his company’s products. Williams testified under immunity as the prosecution’s star witness, starting late last Wednesday and finishing Monday.
Block will be back on the stand for cross-examination by defense lawyers Tuesday.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home