The person who handled former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's schedule is testifying in his public corruption trial.
The person who handled former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell’s schedule is testifying in his public corruption trial.
Former McDonnell scheduler Monica Block began testifying Monday about events the former first couple attended with Jonnie Williams, the former CEO of Star Scientific Inc. Among them was one in Richmond that was a last-minute addition to McDonnell’s schedule while the General Assembly was in session, which Block said was unusual.
McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, are charged in a 14-count indictment with accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from Williams in exchange for their help promoting his company’s products. Williams testified under immunity as the prosecution’s star witness, starting late last Wednesday and finishing Monday.
Block will be back on the stand for cross-examination by defense lawyers Tuesday.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter