PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond has been booked into jail to start his four-month sentence for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
The Ozaukee County Jail website shows Diamond was booked Friday.
Diamond played Screech on the 1990s TV show. He was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge put the sentence on hold while Diamond appealed. Diamond withdrew his appeal last month.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife to ward people off and accidentally stabbed a man at the Port Washington bar on Christmas in 2014.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.