PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond has been booked into jail to start his four-month sentence for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
The Ozaukee County Jail website shows Diamond was booked Friday.
Diamond played Screech on the 1990s TV show. He was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge put the sentence on hold while Diamond appealed. Diamond withdrew his appeal last month.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife to ward people off and accidentally stabbed a man at the Port Washington bar on Christmas in 2014.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin
- Hawaii woman wins $10.7M off penny slot machine in Vegas
- Police report: Wild Waves lifeguard didn't believe kids who reported body in pool
- French find "Ratatouille" ever so palatable
- Lessons in grieving after the sudden loss of a young man | Nicole Brodeur
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.