PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond has been booked into jail to start his four-month sentence for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
The Ozaukee County Jail website shows Diamond was booked Friday.
Diamond played Screech on the 1990s TV show. He was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge put the sentence on hold while Diamond appealed. Diamond withdrew his appeal last month.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife to ward people off and accidentally stabbed a man at the Port Washington bar on Christmas in 2014.
Most Read Stories
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle home too toxic to enter sparked a bidding frenzy — now we know why VIEW
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Seattle cop accused of doing drugs with strip-club dancer, slipping names of crime victims to Q13 anchor
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.