PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond has been booked into jail to start his four-month sentence for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
The Ozaukee County Jail website shows Diamond was booked Friday.
Diamond played Screech on the 1990s TV show. He was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge put the sentence on hold while Diamond appealed. Diamond withdrew his appeal last month.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife to ward people off and accidentally stabbed a man at the Port Washington bar on Christmas in 2014.
- Doctors worry over women going for cleanshaven ‘Barbie doll look’
- Tesla driver killed in crash while using car's 'Autopilot'
- N. Carolina sheriff: No sign of hate crime in woman's death
- Wildlife officials hunt for bear that killed mountain-biker VIEW
- Long snapper Clint Gresham on day Seahawks cut him: 'Worst breakup ever'
Most Read Stories
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.