BOSTON (AP) — A Massachusetts congressman is taking issue with Republican President Donald Trump’s claim he’s the target of the “single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history.”
That’s because Democrat Seth Moulton represents Salem, the scene of the single greatest witch hunt in American history.
Trump tweeted his comment Thursday following the appointment of a special counsel to investigate allegations his campaign collaborated with Russia to sway the 2016 election.
Moulton responded, tweeting out “as the Representative of Salem, MA, I can confirm that this is false.”
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Lost Seattle-based crab-boat crew memorialized VIEW
- Thanks to Amazon, Seattle is now America’s biggest company town
Nineteen men and women were hanged and one man was crushed to death during the 1692 Salem hysteria. The episode has been used as a cautionary tale in the more than three centuries since.