PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) — Rutgers University officials are condemning an anti-Muslim poster found hanging outside a cultural center on the New Jersey school’s campus in Piscataway.
The poster contained the words “Imagine a Muslim-Free America” and a silhouette image of the World Trade Center’s twin towers. It was discovered Monday night and reported to campus police, who turned it over to the county prosecutor.
The school, whose main campus is in New Brunswick, issued a statement condemning the poster, saying its content “violates the values and ideals for which Rutgers stands.”
University officials say campus police will increase security and patrols at the Paul Robeson Cultural Center. The center serves as a hub of Muslim and other minority student gatherings and as a prayer space on campus.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air