A prominent member of Russia's parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States.
A prominent member of Russia’s parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States.
Alexei Pushkov, who heads the international affairs committee, tweeted Monday that “nobody’s even surprised anymore” by such an attack, which he called “a clear confirmation of American exceptionalism.”
Pushkov, who also hosts a political talk show, serves as a mouthpiece for the Kremlin’s most anti-American faction.
In an opinion piece published last week in The New York Times, Russian President Vladimir Putin criticized America for seeing itself as exceptional. He was referring to a speech by President Barack Obama in which he said America’s ideals and principles made it want to hold the Syrian government accountable for a chemical weapons attack and, “That’s what makes us exceptional.”
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway