A prominent member of Russia's parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States.
A prominent member of Russia’s parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States.
Alexei Pushkov, who heads the international affairs committee, tweeted Monday that “nobody’s even surprised anymore” by such an attack, which he called “a clear confirmation of American exceptionalism.”
Pushkov, who also hosts a political talk show, serves as a mouthpiece for the Kremlin’s most anti-American faction.
In an opinion piece published last week in The New York Times, Russian President Vladimir Putin criticized America for seeing itself as exceptional. He was referring to a speech by President Barack Obama in which he said America’s ideals and principles made it want to hold the Syrian government accountable for a chemical weapons attack and, “That’s what makes us exceptional.”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more