British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse - the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse – the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
The BBC, the Press Association and others say 73-year-old Tarbuck was arrested April 26 and later released on bail.
Police in Britain don’t usually name suspects who have not been charged. North Yorkshire Police said Tuesday “a 73-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a historic child sex abuse investigation.”
The force said the alleged victim was a young boy in the 1970s.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
A comedian and quiz-show host, Tarbuck has been a fixture on British television since the 1960s.
The arrest is not part of Operation Yewtree, the sex abuse investigation centering on late entertainer Jimmy Saville.