British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse - the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse – the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
The BBC, the Press Association and others say 73-year-old Tarbuck was arrested April 26 and later released on bail.
Police in Britain don’t usually name suspects who have not been charged. North Yorkshire Police said Tuesday “a 73-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a historic child sex abuse investigation.”
The force said the alleged victim was a young boy in the 1970s.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
A comedian and quiz-show host, Tarbuck has been a fixture on British television since the 1960s.
The arrest is not part of Operation Yewtree, the sex abuse investigation centering on late entertainer Jimmy Saville.