British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse - the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse – the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
The BBC, the Press Association and others say 73-year-old Tarbuck was arrested April 26 and later released on bail.
Police in Britain don’t usually name suspects who have not been charged. North Yorkshire Police said Tuesday “a 73-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a historic child sex abuse investigation.”
The force said the alleged victim was a young boy in the 1970s.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Seattle's $15 wage law may not affect city's biggest boss: UW
Most Read Stories
A comedian and quiz-show host, Tarbuck has been a fixture on British television since the 1960s.
The arrest is not part of Operation Yewtree, the sex abuse investigation centering on late entertainer Jimmy Saville.