British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse - the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse – the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
The BBC, the Press Association and others say 73-year-old Tarbuck was arrested April 26 and later released on bail.
Police in Britain don’t usually name suspects who have not been charged. North Yorkshire Police said Tuesday “a 73-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a historic child sex abuse investigation.”
The force said the alleged victim was a young boy in the 1970s.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
Most Read Stories
A comedian and quiz-show host, Tarbuck has been a fixture on British television since the 1960s.
The arrest is not part of Operation Yewtree, the sex abuse investigation centering on late entertainer Jimmy Saville.