British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse - the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
British media say comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested and questioned about alleged child abuse – the latest in a long list of British entertainers to face sex crime allegations.
The BBC, the Press Association and others say 73-year-old Tarbuck was arrested April 26 and later released on bail.
Police in Britain don’t usually name suspects who have not been charged. North Yorkshire Police said Tuesday “a 73-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a historic child sex abuse investigation.”
The force said the alleged victim was a young boy in the 1970s.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
A comedian and quiz-show host, Tarbuck has been a fixture on British television since the 1960s.
The arrest is not part of Operation Yewtree, the sex abuse investigation centering on late entertainer Jimmy Saville.