President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine's fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine’s fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
Putin on Tuesday accused the West of using Yanukovych’s decision to ditch a pact with the European Union in favor of closer ties with Russia to encourage protests that drove him from power.
He accused the West of encouraging the anti-constitutional coup in Ukraine and driving it onto anarchy.
It was the first time Putin has spoken publicly since Yanukovych fled Kiev.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75