President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine's fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine’s fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
Putin on Tuesday accused the West of using Yanukovych’s decision to ditch a pact with the European Union in favor of closer ties with Russia to encourage protests that drove him from power.
He accused the West of encouraging the anti-constitutional coup in Ukraine and driving it onto anarchy.
It was the first time Putin has spoken publicly since Yanukovych fled Kiev.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Injured Evergreen football player dies at Harborview
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem