President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine's fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine’s fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
Putin on Tuesday accused the West of using Yanukovych’s decision to ditch a pact with the European Union in favor of closer ties with Russia to encourage protests that drove him from power.
He accused the West of encouraging the anti-constitutional coup in Ukraine and driving it onto anarchy.
It was the first time Putin has spoken publicly since Yanukovych fled Kiev.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around