President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine's fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
President Vladimir Putin says that Ukraine’s fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych has no political future, and Russia gave him shelter to save his life.
Putin on Tuesday accused the West of using Yanukovych’s decision to ditch a pact with the European Union in favor of closer ties with Russia to encourage protests that drove him from power.
He accused the West of encouraging the anti-constitutional coup in Ukraine and driving it onto anarchy.
It was the first time Putin has spoken publicly since Yanukovych fled Kiev.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative