PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Patients at a Philadelphia children’s hospital were treated to a superhero surprise outside their windows this week.
Window washers dressed as Power Rangers dangled outside windows at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s on Tuesday afternoon, delighting the children, their families and staff members.
Once a year window washers with Jenkintown Building Services dress up to give the children at the hospital a thrill. In the past they’ve transformed into Ninja Turtles, Marvel superheroes like Captain America and Spiderman and Sesame Street characters.
This year, they started at the eighth floor and rappelled down, waving and high-fiving kids through the glass.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Why Republicans can’t govern | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
One girl battling cancer flexed her muscles for them through the windows of the oncology unit; the Power Rangers did the same.