The Vatican says Pope Francis is ill and has canceled a visit to Rome's main seminary.
The Vatican says Pope Francis is ill and has canceled a visit to Rome’s main seminary.
The 77-year-old Francis, who lost part of a lung to an infection in his youth, was due to speak with seminarians Friday evening. But 30 minutes before he was due to arrive, the Vatican press office said he had come down with a bug and wouldn’t attend.
It’s the second known time Francis has canceled an appearance due to illness in the year since he’s been pope. On Nov. 15, he scrapped his morning audiences because he came down with a cold.
Francis has had a busy two weeks: He presided over the third meeting of his Group of Eight cardinal advisers, elevated 19 new cardinals and approved a reform of the Vatican bureaucracy.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU