The Vatican says Pope Francis is ill and has canceled a visit to Rome's main seminary.
The Vatican says Pope Francis is ill and has canceled a visit to Rome’s main seminary.
The 77-year-old Francis, who lost part of a lung to an infection in his youth, was due to speak with seminarians Friday evening. But 30 minutes before he was due to arrive, the Vatican press office said he had come down with a bug and wouldn’t attend.
It’s the second known time Francis has canceled an appearance due to illness in the year since he’s been pope. On Nov. 15, he scrapped his morning audiences because he came down with a cold.
Francis has had a busy two weeks: He presided over the third meeting of his Group of Eight cardinal advisers, elevated 19 new cardinals and approved a reform of the Vatican bureaucracy.
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish