LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky woman has been charged with abandoning her child with special needs in a hotel conference room.
WLKY-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2sJJx9R ) 30-year-old Paloma Smith was arrested Sunday on charges of endangering the welfare of a minor, endangering an incompetent person and criminal trespassing.
An arrest report says a housekeeper at the Galt House hotel found the 9-year-old about 3:15 a.m. Sunday. The report says the child was shaking, crying and visibly scared. An officer described the child as having special needs.
The report says Smith showed up 20 minutes later, tried to leave with the child and became aggressive when police told her the child needed to be checked out by emergency responders.
Most Read Stories
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Watch: Alaska Airlines flight offers dramatic view of solar eclipse WATCH
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
The report says Smith wasn’t staying at the hotel. It’s unclear if she has an attorney.
Information from: WLKY-TV, http://wlky.com