ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a tractor-trailer crash overturned on Interstate 95 in North Carolina and spilled hundreds of heads of cabbage that took hours to clear away.
Lt. Jeff Gordon of the North Carolina State Highway Patrol told local media outlets that the truck veered off the side of the interstate on Sunday near Rocky Mount, overcorrected and then overturned.
He says the 31-year-old driver, Kevin Eugene Ellis, of Middleburg, Florida, faces charges including driving while impaired. Gordon says the driver and a woman in the truck with him were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. It wasn’t known if Ellis had an attorney.
Authorities say traffic was backed up for at least 10 miles on the affected side of I-95 during the roadway cleanup.
Most Read Stories
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- There’s a reason why ‘rebound’ body odor flares, fades | The People's Pharmacy
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- Mariners make multiple roster moves: Tom Wilhelmsen placed on the DL, Nori Aoki sent to Tacoma WATCH
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs