ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a tractor-trailer crash overturned on Interstate 95 in North Carolina and spilled hundreds of heads of cabbage that took hours to clear away.
Lt. Jeff Gordon of the North Carolina State Highway Patrol told local media outlets that the truck veered off the side of the interstate on Sunday near Rocky Mount, overcorrected and then overturned.
He says the 31-year-old driver, Kevin Eugene Ellis, of Middleburg, Florida, faces charges including driving while impaired. Gordon says the driver and a woman in the truck with him were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. It wasn’t known if Ellis had an attorney.
Authorities say traffic was backed up for at least 10 miles on the affected side of I-95 during the roadway cleanup.
- Valve faces suit alleging role in gambling on video games
- Watch: Fan runs onto field in front of fly ball during Mariners-Cardinals game
- ‘Microcosm of the city’: Garfield High principal navigates racial divide
- 10 stabbed, beaten at protest outside California Capitol VIEW
- Blood stains, broken glass at dance studio after shooting