ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a tractor-trailer crash overturned on Interstate 95 in North Carolina and spilled hundreds of heads of cabbage that took hours to clear away.
Lt. Jeff Gordon of the North Carolina State Highway Patrol told local media outlets that the truck veered off the side of the interstate on Sunday near Rocky Mount, overcorrected and then overturned.
He says the 31-year-old driver, Kevin Eugene Ellis, of Middleburg, Florida, faces charges including driving while impaired. Gordon says the driver and a woman in the truck with him were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. It wasn’t known if Ellis had an attorney.
Authorities say traffic was backed up for at least 10 miles on the affected side of I-95 during the roadway cleanup.
Most Read Stories
- Sexless marriage worries husband | Dear Carolyn
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Live updates on Seattle-area snowfall: Schools delayed, canceled as snow turns to rain VIEW
- Look: Washington Crew uses Husky Stadium snow to send a message about UW football vs. Alabama
- Where did the most snow fall? Here are totals from around Western Washington