RAMSEY, Minn. (AP) — Police stopped a stolen minivan in a Twin Cities suburb and found a driver who claimed she was in labor and some of her seven children with their mouths taped shut.
An officer stopped the vehicle in Ramsey, Minnesota, just after midnight Tuesday for a traffic violation and learned it had been stolen. The driver was taken to a hospital.
Ramsey Police Chief Jeff Katers said Thursday children range in age from infancy to 9 years old.
Katers says two men were in the van, including the children’s father, who was arrested for failing to return the rental vehicle in Missouri. The other man was released.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line
- Despite 'good visit' with Colin Kaepernick, Seahawks may not be done in search for backup QB
Katers says the children were playing with the packing tape and fell asleep. He says it’s not clear who put tape on their mouths.