MOSCOW, Pa. (AP) — Police are searching for two people they say stole a dump truck from a housing development then used it to drag an automatic teller machine out of a grocery store in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Police in Covington Township say the men attached a chain to the machine at Bill’s ShopRite grocery shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday.
The theft, captured on surveillance video, shows the men were driving a truck from Thornhurst Country Club Estates. Officials there have confirmed the vehicle is a $70,000 plow and dump truck that was stolen sometime between 1 p.m. Monday and 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The stolen truck has since been recovered, as has part of the ATM.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
Police haven’t said how much money was stolen. The men were wearing masks and heavier clothing with hoods.