Police say a shooting at a baby's birthday party in a Sacramento, California, park that left one person dead and six wounded involved gunfire between two groups.
Police say a shooting at a baby’s birthday party in a Sacramento, California, park that left one person dead and six wounded involved gunfire between two groups.
Officer Michele Gigante told the Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/1lnc2Oh) that the attackers opened fire on specific people at the party, and people from the party shot back.
Gigante says the attackers drove off after people returned fire. It’s unclear if any of the people who fled were hit.
A 7-year-old child was among the six people who suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting Saturday at Peregrine Park in northern Sacramento.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
Most Read Stories
A man in his 20s died at the scene.
The group had gathered to celebrate the birthday of a year-old child.
Police say the attack appears to be gang-related.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com