Police say a shooting at a baby's birthday party in a Sacramento, California, park that left one person dead and six wounded involved gunfire between two groups.
Police say a shooting at a baby’s birthday party in a Sacramento, California, park that left one person dead and six wounded involved gunfire between two groups.
Officer Michele Gigante told the Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/1lnc2Oh) that the attackers opened fire on specific people at the party, and people from the party shot back.
Gigante says the attackers drove off after people returned fire. It’s unclear if any of the people who fled were hit.
A 7-year-old child was among the six people who suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting Saturday at Peregrine Park in northern Sacramento.
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
A man in his 20s died at the scene.
The group had gathered to celebrate the birthday of a year-old child.
Police say the attack appears to be gang-related.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com