Police say a shooting at a baby's birthday party in a Sacramento, California, park that left one person dead and six wounded involved gunfire between two groups.
Police say a shooting at a baby’s birthday party in a Sacramento, California, park that left one person dead and six wounded involved gunfire between two groups.
Officer Michele Gigante told the Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/1lnc2Oh) that the attackers opened fire on specific people at the party, and people from the party shot back.
Gigante says the attackers drove off after people returned fire. It’s unclear if any of the people who fled were hit.
A 7-year-old child was among the six people who suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting Saturday at Peregrine Park in northern Sacramento.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
A man in his 20s died at the scene.
The group had gathered to celebrate the birthday of a year-old child.
Police say the attack appears to be gang-related.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com