DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A woman has been accused of shooting two of her children in the head in Ohio and has been arrested.
Police say an 8-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy were shot Thursday morning and are hospitalized in critical condition. An 11-year-old daughter at the Dayton home at the time was unharmed.
Police Chief Richard Biehl says the woman shot the children inside the home and then took them outside, where police and emergency crews found them in the front yard. A firearm was taken from the home.
Police say there are indications the mother has mental health issues but it hasn’t been determined why the children were shot.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
The police chief says detectives will be conferring with the Montgomery county prosecutors about criminal charges against her.