MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — Police in Ohio say the 5-year-old son of a couple who overdosed on heroin saved his parents by walking two blocks in the dark to alert another relative because he thought they were dead.
Emergency responders used a drug-overdose antidote to revive the unresponsive pair Thursday morning after finding them on the floor of a home in Middletown, about 25 miles north of Cincinnati. A 3-month-old baby was found in a car seat nearby.
Police say the couple acknowledged using heroin. They were jailed on child-endangering charges.
Middletown police shared the story on their Facebook page with a call for action, urging drug users to get help and their loved ones to intervene to help them.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH