OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Police say a law enforcement officer in western Kentucky fatally shot an armed man who fled into a wooded area while officers were investigating a burglary call.
Kentucky State Police said state police, Owensboro police and the Daviess County sheriff’s office responded Thursday afternoon and searched the area in western Daviess County.
Police said the person was found within about 15 minutes and told to surrender. A news release from state police says he knelt and an officer prepared to use a Taser. The person then raised a firearm in the officers’ direction, and a different officer fired a rifle, hitting the person. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No additional information has been released.
- Seattle-area home prices surge to new high
- The sorrow of Steak ’n Shake VIEW
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin charged with assault after reportedly striking cop in December