OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Police say a law enforcement officer in western Kentucky fatally shot an armed man who fled into a wooded area while officers were investigating a burglary call.
Kentucky State Police said state police, Owensboro police and the Daviess County sheriff’s office responded Thursday afternoon and searched the area in western Daviess County.
Police said the person was found within about 15 minutes and told to surrender. A news release from state police says he knelt and an officer prepared to use a Taser. The person then raised a firearm in the officers’ direction, and a different officer fired a rifle, hitting the person. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No additional information has been released.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Seattle remains nation’s hottest home market, with biggest price growth in 3 years