OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Police say a law enforcement officer in western Kentucky fatally shot an armed man who fled into a wooded area while officers were investigating a burglary call.
Kentucky State Police said state police, Owensboro police and the Daviess County sheriff’s office responded Thursday afternoon and searched the area in western Daviess County.
Police said the person was found within about 15 minutes and told to surrender. A news release from state police says he knelt and an officer prepared to use a Taser. The person then raised a firearm in the officers’ direction, and a different officer fired a rifle, hitting the person. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No additional information has been released.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Amazon isn't technically dominant, but it pervades our lives VIEW