OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Police say a law enforcement officer in western Kentucky fatally shot an armed man who fled into a wooded area while officers were investigating a burglary call.
Kentucky State Police said state police, Owensboro police and the Daviess County sheriff’s office responded Thursday afternoon and searched the area in western Daviess County.
Police said the person was found within about 15 minutes and told to surrender. A news release from state police says he knelt and an officer prepared to use a Taser. The person then raised a firearm in the officers’ direction, and a different officer fired a rifle, hitting the person. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No additional information has been released.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...