OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Police say a law enforcement officer in western Kentucky fatally shot an armed man who fled into a wooded area while officers were investigating a burglary call.
Kentucky State Police said state police, Owensboro police and the Daviess County sheriff’s office responded Thursday afternoon and searched the area in western Daviess County.
Police said the person was found within about 15 minutes and told to surrender. A news release from state police says he knelt and an officer prepared to use a Taser. The person then raised a firearm in the officers’ direction, and a different officer fired a rifle, hitting the person. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No additional information has been released.
Most Read Stories
- New dad, on way to see baby, shot dead after road-rage incident, family says
- Colorado combats a new breed of drug traffickers
- Police: Man locked woman in shed, sexually assaulted her
- Seahawks should sit Russell Wilson vs. Jets | Larry Stone
- Why the Seahawks defense was so mad after Sunday's game WATCH