Police have four of five suspects in custody for the gang rape of a photojournalist in India's financial capital of Mumbai.
Police have four of five suspects in custody for the gang rape of a photojournalist in India’s financial capital of Mumbai.
The 23-year-old victim is recovering well in a hospital and tells Indian media she is anxious to return to work. The Times of India quotes her as saying “rape is not the end of life.”
The two suspects picked up overnight and two others arrested earlier are likely to face prosecution under a strict new law that sets the maximum prison term for rape at 20 years.
Police say they are searching Sunday for a last suspect in the case, which has renewed outrage among a public that was horrified by the deadly gang rape of student in New Delhi in December.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays