PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman and her adult son are dead after her estranged husband broke into their home and set them on fire.
Palm Bay police tell local news outlets that 61-year-old Daisy Tapia and her son, 32-year-old Erik Montes, died from their injuries Thursday.
Sixty-four-year-old Edgard Fuentes faces murder, arson and burglary charges in their deaths.
Police say Fuentes went to the home early that morning and poured gasoline throughout the house and started a fire that seriously burned his estranged wife and his stepson.
Most Read Stories
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Seattle home too toxic to enter sparked a bidding frenzy — now we know why VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
Tapia and Montes were taken to a hospital, where they both died.
Police say Fuentes was later arrested at a nearby rest stop on Interstate 95. He had also been badly burned in the fire.
It’s unclear if Fuentes has an attorney.