PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman and her adult son are dead after her estranged husband broke into their home and set them on fire.
Palm Bay police tell local news outlets that 61-year-old Daisy Tapia and her son, 32-year-old Erik Montes, died from their injuries Thursday.
Sixty-four-year-old Edgard Fuentes faces murder, arson and burglary charges in their deaths.
Police say Fuentes went to the home early that morning and poured gasoline throughout the house and started a fire that seriously burned his estranged wife and his stepson.
Most Read Stories
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- No repeal for 'Obamacare' — a humiliating defeat for Trump VIEW
- Here's where the Seahawks stand in free agency
- Sen. Patty Murray will oppose Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court
Tapia and Montes were taken to a hospital, where they both died.
Police say Fuentes was later arrested at a nearby rest stop on Interstate 95. He had also been badly burned in the fire.
It’s unclear if Fuentes has an attorney.