COCOA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman is accused of leaving her 1-year-old son in a house where people were doing drugs.
Brevard County Sheriff’s officials say someone contacted them after finding the child sleeping on a mattress in the home. His 31-year-old mother, Ashley Marie Baskett, was arrested Wednesday and remains in the Brevard County Jail on charges of child neglect and possession of methamphetamine.
Deputies say the other people in the home were either sleeping or under the influence of drugs. The child had a dirty diaper and there were marks on his face. Investigators tracked down his mother and arrested her.
The Department of Children and Families took custody of the boy.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur