AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man accidentally backed over his 2-year-old grandson with a tractor, killing him.
State police say 54-year-old Raymond Rayeski Sr. was watching his grandson, Raymond Rayeski III, on Monday when the accident happened in the town of Burnam.
Investigators say the boy had been on the tractor with his grandfather before climbing off to play. The grandfather was cleaning up debris and dumping the items a short distance away and didn’t realize that the boy had walked behind the tractor.
The grandfather drove the boy to a hospital in Pittsfield, where he died.
Most Read Stories
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
Detectives have determined the death was a tragic accident.