AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man accidentally backed over his 2-year-old grandson with a tractor, killing him.
State police say 54-year-old Raymond Rayeski Sr. was watching his grandson, Raymond Rayeski III, on Monday when the accident happened in the town of Burnam.
Investigators say the boy had been on the tractor with his grandfather before climbing off to play. The grandfather was cleaning up debris and dumping the items a short distance away and didn’t realize that the boy had walked behind the tractor.
The grandfather drove the boy to a hospital in Pittsfield, where he died.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field
Detectives have determined the death was a tragic accident.