AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine police say a man accidentally backed over his 2-year-old grandson with a tractor, killing him.
State police say 54-year-old Raymond Rayeski Sr. was watching his grandson, Raymond Rayeski III, on Monday when the accident happened in the town of Burnam.
Investigators say the boy had been on the tractor with his grandfather before climbing off to play. The grandfather was cleaning up debris and dumping the items a short distance away and didn’t realize that the boy had walked behind the tractor.
The grandfather drove the boy to a hospital in Pittsfield, where he died.
Most Read Stories
- Shooter sent Facebook message to Breitbart's Milo Yiannopoulos before gunfire at UW protest, police say
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Man struck, killed by Link light-rail train in Rainier Valley
- Trump administration taps 2 Washington state GOP legislators to help reshape EPA
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
Detectives have determined the death was a tragic accident.