BALTIMORE (AP) — Police say it appears that a Johns Hopkins University student athlete found dead last week near the campus accidentally fell to her death from a high-rise building near the campus.
Baltimore police spokesman T. J. Smith said at a news conference Monday that it appears that Abigail Bastien of Sandusky, Ohio, fell a significant distance. Smith says police are still awaiting toxicology results, but “everything points” to her death being accidental.
University officials say Bastien was found dead Thursday morning.
Basient, who was entering her sophomore year, was a sprinter on the track and field team and a member of the Alpha Phi sorority. The university says Bastien’s coaches say she always had a smile on her face and loved being a student-athlete.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Amazon isn't technically dominant, but it pervades our lives VIEW