CINCINNATI (AP) — The University of Cincinnati has lifted a shelter-in-place order that was issued following reports of shots fired on campus.
University police tell The Cincinnati Enquirer (http://cin.ci/2ecIZ4V ) that two people were talking near a residence hall Monday night when one of them pulled out a gun and fired once, but missed.
Police say the person who fired the gun fled on foot. Police searched for the suspect, but could not find him.
It’s not known if either of the two people involved in the incident are students.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Man struck, killed by Link light-rail train in Rainier Valley
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason
No other information was immediately available.
The investigation is ongoing.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com