BOSSIER CITY, La. (AP) — Louisiana police are investigating an anti-Muslim flier pasted onto a sign in front of a mosque.
Bossier City spokesman Mark Natale (nah-TAH-lee) says the letter-sized flier reads “Imagine a Muslim-free America.”
Natale says a second flier reading “What made America great: Blood and Soil” had also been stuck onto the brick sign.
He says both fliers carry the name American Vanguard, which identifies itself on its website as a white nationalist group. The Southern Poverty Law Center has identified it as a white supremacist group.
Most Read Stories
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle sues Trump administration over ‘sanctuary cities’ order WATCH
- Baltimore police show jarring footage of SWAT shooting
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
Natale says identical fliers are available on the organization’s website. American Vanguard did not immediately respond to an emailed query.
KSLA-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2kys7ET ) that the Council on American-Islamic Relations is asking authorities to investigate the placement of the fliers as a hate crime.