MIAMI (AP) — A man who gained notoriety after discussing his deformed skull in online videos has been charged with arson and attempted first-degree murder.
Miami police officers wrote in an incident report that 31-year-old Carlos Rodriguez was sitting in his backyard Monday when they arrived to investigate a fire inside a duplex attached to a house on the property.
Investigators say Rodriguez told them he set a mattress on fire, adding he wanted to burn the house down so he could build a new house.
Rodriguez is being held on $20,000 bond. Records don’t indicate whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Complete coverage: No. 5 Huskies roll to 41-17 victory over Oregon State Beavers VIEW
- Injury to sideline UW sack leader Joe Mathis against Oregon State
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
His mugshot first circulated widely on the Internet in 2010 after his arrest on charges of soliciting a prostitute. In 2012, a man who appeared to be Rodriguez warned against driving drunk, saying he was injured in a car crash when he was intoxicated.
This story’s headline has been corrected to show that the suspect, Carlos Rodriguez, is charged with attempted murder, not murder.