MIAMI (AP) — A man who gained notoriety after discussing his deformed skull in online videos has been charged with arson and attempted first-degree murder.
Miami police officers wrote in an incident report that 31-year-old Carlos Rodriguez was sitting in his backyard Monday when they arrived to investigate a fire inside a duplex attached to a house on the property.
Investigators say Rodriguez told them he set a mattress on fire, adding he wanted to burn the house down so he could build a new house.
Rodriguez is being held on $20,000 bond. Records don’t indicate whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- Woman stabbed to death in Ballard
His mugshot first circulated widely on the Internet in 2010 after his arrest on charges of soliciting a prostitute. In 2012, a man who appeared to be Rodriguez warned against driving drunk, saying he was injured in a car crash when he was intoxicated.
This story’s headline has been corrected to show that the suspect, Carlos Rodriguez, is charged with attempted murder, not murder.