BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a Binghamton University student from a New York City suburb died in a fall from a balcony at an upstate fraternity house hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party.
The Binghamton Police Department on Monday released details of the death of 18-year-old Conor Donnelly, of Pearl River in Rockland County.
Police say Donnelly was drinking at a party held Saturday afternoon at Alpha Sigma Phi, where he was in the process of pledging at the frat.
Officials say the freshman was on a fourth-floor balcony when he tried to climb down to the third floor and fell. Police say his death has been ruled accidental.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Seattle remains nation’s hottest home market, with biggest price growth in 3 years
Authorities say there’s no evidence that hazing played a role in Donnelly’s death.
BInghamton University officials have suspended the frat pending the outcome of an investigation.