BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a Binghamton University student from a New York City suburb died in a fall from a balcony at an upstate fraternity house hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party.
The Binghamton Police Department on Monday released details of the death of 18-year-old Conor Donnelly, of Pearl River in Rockland County.
Police say Donnelly was drinking at a party held Saturday afternoon at Alpha Sigma Phi, where he was in the process of pledging at the frat.
Officials say the freshman was on a fourth-floor balcony when he tried to climb down to the third floor and fell. Police say his death has been ruled accidental.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Authorities say there’s no evidence that hazing played a role in Donnelly’s death.
BInghamton University officials have suspended the frat pending the outcome of an investigation.