BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a Binghamton University student from a New York City suburb died in a fall from a balcony at an upstate fraternity house hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party.
The Binghamton Police Department on Monday released details of the death of 18-year-old Conor Donnelly, of Pearl River in Rockland County.
Police say Donnelly was drinking at a party held Saturday afternoon at Alpha Sigma Phi, where he was in the process of pledging at the frat.
Officials say the freshman was on a fourth-floor balcony when he tried to climb down to the third floor and fell. Police say his death has been ruled accidental.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
Authorities say there’s no evidence that hazing played a role in Donnelly’s death.
BInghamton University officials have suspended the frat pending the outcome of an investigation.