ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Police say a Florida man has died after getting punched by his Uber driver.
A statement Saturday from St. Petersburg Police said 56-year-old Terry Lynn Kimball had died, more than a day after losing consciousness.
According to the police statement, Kimball and the 38-year-old male driver had a dispute over the route the driver was taking Thursday evening.
Police say the driver pulled over at a convenience store, where the men had a physical altercation.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
Police say the driver punched Kimball, who was hospitalized with serious brain trauma. He never regained consciousness.
The driver has not been charged. The police statement said the investigation remained open.