Police didn't have to work hard to catch a man who broke into a Minnesota house.
Police didn’t have to work hard to catch a man who broke into a Minnesota house.
First the burglar failed to log out of Facebook after checking his profile on the homeowner’s computer. Then he agreed to meet up with homeowner James Wood in an effort to get back wet clothes he’d left behind.
Wood tells WCCO-TV (http://cbsloc.al/1nBdpar) the burglar has to be the “world’s dumbest criminal.”
South St. Paul police say the burglar took credit cards, cash and a watch last week.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Wood posted his phone number on the burglar’s Facebook page, hoping someone would call.
The burglar himself texted Wood and agreed to meet with the homeowner, thinking he could negotiate for his clothes. When Wood spotted the burglar, he recognized him from Facebook and called police.
Information from: WCCO-TV, http://www.wcco.com