Police say they arrested a burglar at the Los Angeles home of Sandra Bullock while the actress was there, but she wasn't harmed.
Police say they arrested a burglar at the Los Angeles home of Sandra Bullock while the actress was there, but she wasn’t harmed.
Los Angeles police spokeswoman Nuria Vanegas says officers responded to the call of a prowler around 6:30 a.m. Sunday and arrested 39-year-old Joshua Corbett on suspicion of residential burglary.
A phone message left for Bullock’s publicist Cheryl Maisel (mye-ZELL’) wasn’t immediately returned. But she acknowledged the burglary for People magazine and said Bullock is “unharmed and fine.”
It wasn’t clear whether Corbett has hired an attorney, and a phone message left at a possible family home wasn’t immediately returned.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
The 49-year-old actress is best known for her roles in “Speed,” ”Gravity,” and “The Blind Side,” for which she won an Academy Award.