BRYAN, Texas (AP) — Authorities in Texas say a hearse was stolen when its driver stopped at a fast-food restaurant and the body in the back later was found dumped on the side of a road.
Police in Bryan, about 90 miles northwest of Houston, say an employee of a funeral home stopped for a bite early Friday and a person jumped into the hearse while it was unattended and drove away.
The body that was in the vehicle was found by a passer-by about an hour and a half later, along with the gurney that it was on.
The body was placed along the side of a rural road a few miles away from the restaurant.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH
Police say the investigation is ongoing and the hearse remains missing.