LEVITTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a grandmother brutally slain in her Long Island home was the victim of a two men intent on robbing the 73-year-old woman’s grandson of money and drugs.
Twenty-three-old Benjamin Lopez and 19-year-old Deangelo Gill were arraigned Thursday on murder charges. Both have pleaded not guilty.
Police say Lorraine Pizzichemi was found slashed to death in her Levittown home Wednesday afternoon. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her 24-year-old grandson was also seriously wounded in the attack in which police say a ‘large cutting instrument” was used.
The grandson managed to call 911 during the attack and the suspects were apprehended a short time later.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks, Titans only teams to both not take the field during day of anthem protests across NFL WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
Police say one suspects had a history of marijuana dealing with the grandson and had sought revenge when the dealings went bad.
This story corrects to show age of grandmother is 73, not 83 as previously reported by police.