NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — About a dozen people in New Jersey have become ill after police say they apparently ingested the synthetic marijuana K2.
Police in Newark responded Thursday night to a report of a sick person foaming at the mouth in the city. When they arrived at the scene, they say they found about 12 people experiencing similar symptoms.
They were taken to area hospitals. No fatalities have been reported.
Police say they’re investigating the source and working to identify the distributor of the synthetic marijuana.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- ‘Bubbly kid’ was fatally shot by King County deputy hours before high-school graduation
No other information was immediately available.