NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — About a dozen people in New Jersey have become ill after police say they apparently ingested the synthetic marijuana K2.
Police in Newark responded Thursday night to a report of a sick person foaming at the mouth in the city. When they arrived at the scene, they say they found about 12 people experiencing similar symptoms.
They were taken to area hospitals. No fatalities have been reported.
Police say they’re investigating the source and working to identify the distributor of the synthetic marijuana.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
No other information was immediately available.