DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Police say an 81-year-old Ohio man killed his wife after an argument and then drove himself to jail.
The Dayton Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/2q1JwsU ) Donald Cleaver showed up at a county jail early Friday after 70-year-old Mary Cleaver was stabbed to death at the couple’s home in Dayton.
Police say a neighbor called 911 around 1 a.m. and told a dispatcher that Donald Cleaver had said he’d killed his wife and was “getting ready to head to the jail.” Cleaver then showed up at the Montgomery County Jail, where he was booked.
Homicide detectives say it appears that Cleaver stabbed his wife after she went to bed.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Lost Seattle-based crab-boat crew memorialized VIEW
- Thanks to Amazon, Seattle is now America’s biggest company town
Police say the case will be presented to a prosecutor for filing criminal charges.