NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man has been charged in the shooting death of his 4-year-old son.
Norfolk police said Thursday in a statement that 26-year-old Rayvon Messer is charged with second-degree murder.
Police say paramedics responded Wednesday night to find the boy outside a home in the Ocean View area of the city. Rayvon A. Messer Jr. died from the gunshot wound shortly after being rushed to a hospital.
Police haven’t released any more details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting, which is under investigation.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Car brings down power lines, causing I-5 shutdown and outages in North Seattle
- Boeing issues new layoff notices to 429 workers in Washington state
Messer is being held without bail. He’s also charged with using a firearm in the commission of a felony.
This story has been updated to correct that Norfolk police now say the child was 4 years old, not 3 years old.