ARKOMA, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say three children have died after a fire at a mobile home in eastern Oklahoma.
Police say the fire broke out at about 4 a.m. Wednesday in Arkoma, which is right on the state’s border with Arkansas. Arkoma police tell Fort Smith, Arkansas, television station KHBS (http://bit.ly/2ehQ9Dw ) that the children’s parents were home at the time of the blaze but were unable to reach them because of heavy smoke.
Police say the mother of the children was taken to a hospital after the fire.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of the blaze.
Most Read Stories
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- The great debate: Did Trump say ‘bigly’ or ‘big league’? (Poll) WATCH
- Seahawks Richard Sherman thinks NFL intentionally edited highlight video of Atlanta's final play WATCH
- Trump mocks critics: I'll accept election results — if I win WATCH
- Port Angeles woman accused of sexual contact with boy, dog