ARKOMA, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say three children have died after a fire at a mobile home in eastern Oklahoma.
Police say the fire broke out at about 4 a.m. Wednesday in Arkoma, which is right on the state’s border with Arkansas. Arkoma police tell Fort Smith, Arkansas, television station KHBS (http://bit.ly/2ehQ9Dw ) that the children’s parents were home at the time of the blaze but were unable to reach them because of heavy smoke.
Police say the mother of the children was taken to a hospital after the fire.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of the blaze.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH