ATLANTA (AP) — Two additional people wanted on murder and human-trafficking charges have been arrested after authorities say a 14-year-old girl in Florida fatally overdosed on pills she was told would help her forget about having sex with men.
Atlanta police Sgt. Warren Pickard says 20-year-old Karla Alsina and 26-year-old Arthur Coleman were arrested Saturday evening. News outlets report Orlando police arrested 19-year-old Avorice Holman and 22-year-old Jose Santiago-Sotomayor on Wednesday.
The four are accused of luring the 14-year-old and a 15-year-old girl into prostitution in August.
Police say the younger girl overdosed on a combination of Xanax and the cold medicine dextromethorphan on Aug. 14. The 15-year-old has since been rescued.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Trump says Boeing contract for Air Force One should be canceled
The suspects each face multiple charges including first-degree murder and human trafficking of a child. It’s unclear whether they have attorneys.