ATLANTA (AP) — Two additional people wanted on murder and human-trafficking charges have been arrested after authorities say a 14-year-old girl in Florida fatally overdosed on pills she was told would help her forget about having sex with men.
Atlanta police Sgt. Warren Pickard says 20-year-old Karla Alsina and 26-year-old Arthur Coleman were arrested Saturday evening. News outlets report Orlando police arrested 19-year-old Avorice Holman and 22-year-old Jose Santiago-Sotomayor on Wednesday.
The four are accused of luring the 14-year-old and a 15-year-old girl into prostitution in August.
Police say the younger girl overdosed on a combination of Xanax and the cold medicine dextromethorphan on Aug. 14. The 15-year-old has since been rescued.
Most Read Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Suspicious? Gay groomsman only one left out of rehearsal dinner | Dear Carolyn
- Live updates from Dakota Access Pipeline protests: ‘It will be a battle here’
- Seattle’s Old Spaghetti Factory to close in December
- Juror accused of bias dismissed from Ammon Bundy case
The suspects each face multiple charges including first-degree murder and human trafficking of a child. It’s unclear whether they have attorneys.