STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a 15-year-old girl stole a pizza deliveryman’s car, led officers on a highway pursuit, crashed and then fled to a train station.
The Stamford Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/2lPg4Ij ) the Bridgeport girl took the car while the driver was making a delivery in Stamford just before 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the driver left his keys in the car, so the girl climbed in and took off southbound on Interstate 95. Authorities say an officer chased the car, she exited the highway and he lost sight of her in Darien.
They say the joyride ended when the teen struck an unoccupied parked car and fled to a nearby train station. Police officers then arrested the girl, whose name hasn’t been released because she is a juvenile.
Most Read Stories
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Nordstrom’s big, beautiful stores are losing ground VIEW
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com