COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A man charged with fatally shooting three people and injuring nine more at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs says he’s been forcibly medicated at the state psychiatric hospital.
Robert Lewis Dear Jr. made the claim Tuesday while entering a courtroom for a hearing. It wasn’t immediately clear if it was true.
The Gazette (http://bit.ly/2eOcz1i ) reports that Dear’s attorney said the forced medication issue was addressed at a previously unannounced hearing last week in Pueblo, home of the Colorado Mental Health Institute. Attorneys for both sides declined to discuss what happened.
Dear has been held at the hospital since May, when a judge ruled he wasn’t fit to continue his legal proceedings.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Seattle area home-price hikes lead the U.S. again; even century-old homes commanding top dollar
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
Tuesday’s hearing dealt mostly with motions about access to documents. Another hearing is set for Nov. 17.
Information from: The Gazette, http://www.gazette.com