SUNBURY, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man has been convicted for his role in death of a 9-year-old boy, who overdosed on a powerful painkiller while in his care.
A Northumberland County jury spent four hours deliberating Thursday before finding 61-year-old Victor Hare III guilty of involuntary manslaughter, drug delivery resulting in death and other charges.
Hare was babysitting Korbin Rager in 2014 when authorities say he provided the boy with a fatal dose of Oxycodone.
The boy’s mother was previously sentenced to three years in prison for letting Hare babysit her son, knowing the Point Township man had a drug problem.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
Hare told reporters as he left the courthouse that he was “still not guilty.”
He faces up to 38 years in prison. The boy’s father says Hare “should have got life.”