NEW YORK (AP) — Penelope Cruz is headed to television to play fashion designer Donatella Versace in the third installment of “American Crime Story” on FX.
The Academy Award-winning actress will star in the 10-episode series focused on the 1997 slaying of Versace’s brother, Gianni. Donatella Versace took over the famed fashion house after her brother was killed.
Co-executive produced by Ryan Murphy, the Versace story is expected to air in early 2018.
Cruz won a supporting actress Oscar in 2009 for “Vicky Cristina Barcelona,” directed by Woody Allen. She has appeared in numerous other films including the blockbuster “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” with Johnny Depp.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Despite 'good visit' with Colin Kaepernick, Seahawks may not be done in search for backup QB
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line